Friday, January 9, 2009

Finally in Perugia!

Hey all!

After flying through Chicago, Frankfort, and Rome, then taking a very long three hour bus ride, I'm finally in Perugia! Thankfully the flights were smooth with little turbulance, just a lot of old men snoring and nudging me all flight. However, I've already had a little trouble with speaking Italian. Once we got into Rome, Jessie and I wanted to try out our Italian skills (great idea) so we thought we would head over and grab a nice shot of authentic espresso. After embarrassing ourselves while trying to order it and the four cashiers laughing at our accents, we sat around for about 5 minutes thinking they would call out a number or something. Turns out you have to step up to a bar and put down your receipt. So, like the Romans we step up with our receipts and she takes both of them but only brings back one shot of espresso. We told her trying to use our Italian, waited five more minutes, and had to ask again (we have no idea what we talked to her about the first time around). Needless to say we somehow got our espresso after about 20 minutes of discussing who knows what with the barista.

As for now, we're staying the night in Perugia at the Hotel Gio. Its a pretty little place with two twin beds in each room. I'm rooming with a girl from Colorado, but it appears she's not one of my four roommates but I will defiently meet them at 1130 am tommorrow! So we're just checking email for a while then napping and probably doing a little walk around the town until we have to be back for dinner at 8 pm.

It is about 2:45 pm here on Friday the 9th, while back home its 7:45. So Im pretty groggy and think its time for that nap! I miss you all and I still can't believe Im actually in Italy. Ciao!!

1 comment:

  1. I almost got into a fight with an Italian waiter. He took a step back while I was walking behind him and some champagne spilled. He shook his fist at me. I walked away.

    ReplyDelete