Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sundays in Perugia

Hey guys!

So I'm all nice and settled into my apartment. I have four other roommates, two from CA, one form PA and one from NH. We all get along really well which is a great relief to say the least! Tonight we're having our first little family dinner :) As for the apartment, its about a 5 minute walk from the town square and its brand new. Theres just a kitchen with one loveseat as our "living room," two bathrooms, and five singles (my first single in college!!) Its really neat though, everything is extremely green here. For our apartment alone, you have a key card to get into the building, your apartment, and your room. But in order for the lights to turn on, your key card must be in the slot and everything is on a timer or motion sensitive. Its really neat actually. They also regulate your heat, allowing only a few hours at a time of heat, which super sucks. It is about 52 degrees in our apartment so we never take off our winter coats but we're hoping we'll get used to the freezing cold.. maybe. Our views are great, hopefully I'll post some pictures out of my bedroom window sometime soon.

Perugia is a great city. I'm already getting to know the city well, mostly because everything is extremely close together. A majority of the shops are closed on Sunday and most shops are closed from 1-4 in the afternoon for lunch break. Everything just seems more relaxed here and a majority of the locals are very friendly. Later tonight we're going on the nighttime stroll with the locals. They all just stroll around the town and hang out in the center around 6pm. I'm really looking forward to it!

I should probably head back to the apartment soon, we've been exploring the shops/city/school since 8 am so Im beat. I hope everyones safe, happy, and healthy. I miss you all terribly!! Ciao bella bella!

1 comment:

  1. We found things like that too. We went into a hotel and the hallways were dark unless you walked into them, at which time the lights flickered on via motion sensor dealie.

    ReplyDelete